The grape is a common deciduous woody vine of the genus, which is a berries. Grapes can be eaten raw, it has beautiful color,gas incense, fragrant taste and it is the world’s four major fruit, but its main purpose is brewing wine. It can also be used to produce jam, fruit juice, jelly, grape seed essence, raisins, vinegar, grape seed oil and so on.
According to research, grapes originated in the Caspian Sea and the Mediterranean coast. Where the residents use and cultivate grapes for at least 4,000 years of history. The earliest evidence of the cultivation of grapes in the world is in the 1920 in the ancient Egyptian tomb murals, there are depicting people harvest grapes and brewing wine patterns.
Around the year 2000, the Phoenicians, known as their sailing and businessmen, knew the grapes from the ancient Korcida, and spread their grapes to their farther places through their sailing activities.
According to archaeologists, grapes have been widely distributed in the Middle East, Central Asia, South Caucasus and North Africa in 2000. After the friendly exchanges through the human, along the Mediterranean coast west to Italy, France, Spain; about the 7th century AD grape cultivation has been throughout Europe. After Columbus discovered the New World, the grapes entered Europe with European immigrants.
The nutritional value of grapes
Grape is rich in nutritious fruit and it’s juice called by scientists as “plant milk”. Grape contains protein, carbohydrates, crude fiber, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium and other trace elements, and also contains carotene, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, vitamin P, vitamin PP, etc., in addition, it has more than 10 kinds of amino acids and a lot of fruit acid. Grape contains high sugar, mainly glucose.
- Glucose.The sugar in the grapes is easily absorbed by the body. Grape in the sugar is mainly glucose it can be quickly absorbed by the body, especially when the body appears hypoglycemia, if drinking grape juice timely,the symptoms will ease quickly.
- Polymerization of phenol.Grape contains natural polymerized phenol, it can combine with the protein which in the virus or bacteria , so that virus or bacteria can not work, especially have a good killing effect for hepatitis virus and poliovirus.
- Resveratrol.Grape contains a compound called resveratrol it can prevent normal cell cancer and inhibit the proliferation of malignant cells.It has a strong anti-cancer anti-cancer function.
- Procyanidins.Grape seed has a strong antioxidant, anti-aging substances that called procyanidins, its efficacy than vitamin C, vitamin E several times higher..
- Vitamin B12.Grapes contain anti-malignant anemia effect of vitamin B12, especially with the grape fermentation made of red wine, each of it has vitamin B12 (12 ~ 15)mg. Therefore, drink red wine often will benefit to the treatment of malignant anemia.
- Vitamin P.Modern pharmacological studies have shown that grapes also contain vitamin P, with 15 grams of grape seed oil can reduce the gastric acid toxicity, 12 grams of oral can achieve the role of gallbladder, which can treat gastritis, enteritis and vomiting and so on.
- Flavonoids.Grape flavonoids are a strong antioxidant it can be anti-aging, also,can remove free radicals in the body.
- Fructose.Grapes contain a lot of glucose and fructose, they will be converted into energy when enter into our body, they will enhance physical strength, effectively eliminate the physical fatigue. So eat com grapes will improve our fatigue quickly.
- Potassium.Potassium in grape can protect the myocardium, to maintain the heart beating; can help the body accumulate calcium, promote kidney function, adjust the number of heartbeat.
- Calcium.Grape contains calcium,it can calm the nerves.
- Iron.Grape is the fruit that contain the most complex iron elements of fruit, anemia is the nutritional food of patients. Eat grapes frequently on the neurasthenia and fatigue are beneficial.
- Melatonin.It’s good for sleep to eat grapes. Researchers tested eight kinds of grape juice and found that it may contain sleep-assisted hormone-melatonin. Melatonin is a substance secreted by pineal glands in the brain that can help regulate sleep cycles and treat insomnia.
- A variety of minerals, protein and vitamins.Grape contains minerals, protein and a variety of vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and P, also contains a variety of nutrients, eat grapes regular will benefit on neurasthenia and fatigue over great.
Trace elements of per 92 grams Grape
|Calories.From Carbohydrate – 239 kJ||Vitamin A – 92.0 IU|
|From Fat – 11.3 kJ||Vitamin C – 3.7 mg|
|From Protein – 8.0 kJ||Vitamin E – 0.2 mg|
|Dietary Fiber – 0.8 g||Vitamin K – 13.4 mcg|
|Sugars – 14.9 g||Thiamin – 0.1 mg|
|Saturated Fat – 0.1 g||Riboflavin – 0.1 mg|
|Polyunsaturated Fat – 0.1 g||Niacin – 0.3 mg|
|Calcium – 12.9 mg||Vitamin B6 – 0.1 mg|
|Iron – 0.3 mg||Folate – 3.7 mcg|
|Magnesium – 4.6 mg||Choline – 5.2 mg|
|Phosphorus – 9.2 mg||Sodium – 1.8 mg|
|Potassium – 176 mg||Manganese – 0.7 mg|
|Water – 74.8 g||Selenium – 0.1 mcg|